Sunday, January 27, 2019

Night's Gallery: Dogwood Challenge for January 2019

First of all, a super late happy new year to all! This is gonna be a not-so-long entry this time but basically, I'll be posting this on a monthly basis, around sometime during the first week of January 2019, I've stumbled on a 52-week photography challenge shared by a friend in facebook and if you follow the page on Facebook then you already have an idea on what this is, it's basically an article from dogwood photography on an annual 52-week themed photography challenge and I figured I should give it a try and adjust each theme to toy photography accordingly because I haven't been using my figures for a long time now; and thus, as we have it, I've successfully complete the first 4 weeks of the year! 

I post them on the Facebook Fanpage and on my IG so be sure to check those out to know what's happening with me since I barely have time for new blog posts nowadays. Do note that I also post non-dogwood entries from time to time in those so check them out if you like! 

Anyway, this is basically a summary and an "omake" of sorts since I don't really explain things in my Fanpage and IG posts, I figured I could discuss them here so here goes~




Week 1: "Take a picture that tells us who you are, without actually showing your face."


My first entry was a very simple on the fly one, I figured I had to show what I normally do outside work while also showing how messy I am in my own room; I've also carefully hand picked the items loitered around the shot as these are vital to get to know me a little better. Lastly, originally I was supposed to use Figma Anzu to represent me in the shot but I figured the an Archetype would be a better fit to make of "without showing your face" literally. 

Week 2: "Use Rule of Thirds to show motion in your picture."


Now this is the week I've enjoyed the most so far since I had to go beyond my comfort zone for this one, I had to be more resourceful and I've had to make full use of what my current camera could offer; during the shoot, I've tried several ways to make this shot look like it floats in mid-air but I ended up still using the figma stand but the point of finding the right angle and camera settings to hide it off as much as possible. This was also a shot concept I've wanted to try for years now but never got to do because I'm shitass lazy but thanks to the challenge, I've finally done it and I am VERY happy with the outcome! I've also had one of my best friends help me out since I've had several shots before I got the final one.  


Week 3: "Take an amazing Black and White photograph of any subject you want."


The idea on this one basically was related to the fact that Titans just got released on Netflix when I was doing week 3's entry. "No longer a shadow of the Bat" was my main idea here and since it was black and white, I definitely did my best to put emphasis on Nightwing's shadow, I don't actually know if I managed to show that correctly but that's about it.

Week 4: "Tell a story that makes us feel warm inside."


I kept it simple here, one of the first things that came to mind as an idea for this theme was definitely Uzuki's smile as I definitely think Uzuki has one of the brightest and warmest smiles of all time when it comes to japanese game/anime characters; additionally, I've always love the idea/notion of weddings and while I know it's not always the case, I always picture it as the happiest day of both the bride and the groom so I mixed up both concepts and here's what I ended up with; I also intentionally made it a bit over exposed to add some effect which I hope made some sense. 

And that's basically it for January's entries, next week's theme is quite tough and I'm still a bit lost on what to do so hopefully I come up with something great. Til' the next post and I'm signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment