Thursday, August 20, 2009

Review: [Good Smile Company] Haruka Suzumiya


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Good Smile Company
Series:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Scale and Height:
1/8 and measured as 13 from base to the fingertips on the hat


Who is Haruka?
I know I reviewed a Haruka before but keep in mind that her family name and series is different, lol! Anyway, Haruka is my self-proclaimed waifu. (now enough of my blabbering nonsense XD ) Anyway, Haruka Suzumiya is the main Heroine in the eroge/anime Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, she is the initial lover of the lead guy, Takayuki Narumi (a big bastard!). Haruka had a crush on Takayuki ever since they were freshmen as the story had it and her bestfriend, Mitsuki Hayase, made a way for them to be together, when the bastard Takayuki finally "realized" that he loved Haruka, they began going out but being late on a specific, Haruka ended up in an accident that caused her to have anterogade amnesia after waking up from a 3-year comma. A bunch of lies here and there, eventually, Haruka remembered and knew the truth... With the 3 years she lost, she accepted her status and finally let go of Takayuki (so sad... huhu, my poor, poor waifu...) Some time later, she is shown in a good condition and is by then a writer of story books with the pen name "Murakami Haruka." She is shown smiling at the end of the series while being surprised in the Tree where they usually meet, this shows a good ending for her, at least. ^^

Anyway, the figure is based from this artwork:


Now, I begin my one and only figure of my beloved waifu! Haha!

Packaging/Box:
The box is pretty nice, since waifu's in a swimsuit, the box design is in an aquatic design as well, with her pose, a kneeling one, the box is good enough for size, very portable and really doesn't eat much space.

Face and Photogenic Appeal:
Well, what can I say... The face is good actually, but I think her bangs are too thick or too long but still, she captures the art's presence and if I might say, GSC made her look more like the anime Haruka rather than capturing the art itself, so, bravo for GSC. Even her hair is patterned after the anime, orange-ish. Anyway, the images here are all using one light setup, so bare with it, here's my favorite shot btw.



Well, with one light setup, the shots produced aren't pretty good and with her straw hat covering light, it's really hard to show her face clearly. But she still looks cute even with 1 light setup. But I guess the hat part gives photogenic a minus for me.



Body and Details:
Well, as the anime doesn't show much of waifu's body, the CGs from the Eroge sure does! *woot* GSC did a fine job on this, they got her Oppai size correctly, and Haruka really has a nice body if you'd notice it, again from the CG, you can see everything! lol! GSC did a fine job in details, waifu's braided hair, too bad you can't see the antennas of waifu since she's wearing a hat, but yeah, notice the hat, it's nicely detailed that it almost looks like a real straw hat. Detail pics below, not really a fan of swimsuits but this is Haruka and what can you expect is a lot of skin and delicious curves. Hehehe.



Base:
One of the few marvelous bases on my collection, the texture we see can definitely portray that the scene is in a beach, really nice and all those, sand prints from Haruka's legs and other objects are really impressive, applaud for GSC for this one. :D



Overall:
I skipped the bonus features since waifu's fig doesn't have one. GSC's figures today are really promising but even a figure such as Haruka's show good craftsmanship from GSC. Not to mention that since Haruka was I think released 2007, she had a a really good price, really really affordable if you ask me.

GSC later released her bestfriend, Mitsuki, which is an improvement since she definitely is more accurate compared to Haruka and too bad, I wasn't able to grab one. Anyway, I still love this figure even if she's not in my tsuki favorites (reason is I don't see much Haruka in her but then again, it maybe because of the hat.)



Remarks:
Face and Photogenic Appeal - 9/10
Body and Details - 10/10
Base - 10/10
Price - 10/10

Average: 9.75/10


And now... *drum roll*

Be charmed by beautiful Waifu!!

KGNE fans of Haruka should definitely get this, really a worth it fig since the materials are ok, no problems so far with me and a really nice fig to view every once in a while. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment