Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Murakami's Log #13: Hello 2018 and a Trip to a Certain Eco Park!

What's up everyone! (if there are still anyone visiting my blog) I know I've been gone for more than a year now and I think it's about time I start posting stuff again! 




To keep it short, basically, a lot of stuff has happened since I left, mainly because I lost interest in the hobby in general, I mean, I still do order figures a lot but the passion to do reviews and even handle displays totally flew off due to personal matters involving my hobby circle and additionally for a good part of 2017, my collection suffered a lot from unforeseen damage which is mainly because of termite attacks and room leakage problems which was really stressful and depressing. Additionally, to cope up with all the shit, I found a new distraction in the form of "mobages" or mobile games, mainly from late 2016 up to this writing, I've been playing Granblue Fantasy every freaking day (hence why this post has also been delayed by a few days). 

Things have slowed down a bit in Granblue since my progress is enough to tackle most of the end game content so I now have time to do other stuff again and have somewhat a reinvigorated passion to do what I used to do. That said, my own hobby circle has also changed over the time I was away and one of the people I've been hanging out with is a good friend who likes photography too, his handle name is Fryste. (Check out his FB page or IG account too)

So last Saturday, we actually went to a known Eco Park here in Metro Manila which is La Mesa Eco Park in Quezon City. Our main purpose was to basically do outdoor shoots and tour the place as well. We've certainly managed to do both and our whole trip around the park took around 4 hours total to complete. 


A little feedback on the place is that it's really good for shooting since there are quite a number of nice spots to shoot but not everything was as smooth sailing because there were A LOT of people when we were there and I doubt it will ever run out of people. This was a major problem because most of the nice spots were filled with people so I couldn't do my shoots properly as there will be people in the photos and if you know me, I don't like editing my shots. 


At best, the flower terraces was the best spot to capture them shots which was where most of my shots were from, not much people stay in there for long mainly because you're directly under sunlight, so much so that I got sunburned for staying for too long just to shoot my figures lmao (lesson learned, bring sun block). Again, there were a lot of good places to shoot but the problem was the volume of park visitors as well, the Amphitheater was also a prospect place of mine but was never able to shoot due to the sheer number of people in there. You can also venture the mini-forest for ruin-like sites for more action-ish and dramatic scenes but again, there were kids doing some kind of project there I think when we passed by. 

Anyway, check out my small gallery for my shoots below!










I wasn't able to take much shots of Fryste's stuff because I was busy doing my thing mostly when he shot his setups but I did manage to capture when he was messing around with his Shinkis since I was already taking a break that time.



Anyway, expect some more content soon but don't expect too much, I can, at least, go back to putting content here again from time to time. To readers, who play Granblue Fantasy as well, feel free to add me as a friend and just leave a comment on my profile so I can add you accordingly, I'll leave a shot of my Profile page below and that's it for now, bye! 


No comments:

Post a Comment