Sunday, August 9, 2009

Review: [Yujin] Hatsune Miku -Mixing Box Bundle-


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Yujin
Series:
Vocaloid
Scale and Height:
Non-scale and measured 8.4cm high from base to the tip of her hair clip

Mixing Box?
Well, the Miku Mixing Box was, I think, a japan exclusive release which contains a figure, a fan book and lastly a DVD full of Hatsune Miku goodies. Aside from those 3, it is also featured in the package that there's a 4th goodie included in it; that which is the Papercraft Miku included in the DVD bonus, you'll have to print it out and piece it together to form the Miku on stage papercraft. How did I get mine? It's a gift from my sister bought from an e-bay user at Japan, I'm lucky to have this one in my collection. ^^

Anyway, this is another rendition so, here's the base image for this figure:



I'll be following the figure criterias for static figures with this one :D

Packaging:
Her package itself was that big mixing box package, weird huh? it was made that way because of the art book included, but if the figure was the only thing there, it'll be a lot smaller for sure. I really like the packaging of this since it has a big Miku with it and not to mention, the customs here had little tax to pay for her, probably because they thought it was a book, lol. Well, it is, but my main goal here was the figure. :p

Face and Photogenic Appeal:
Well, I have to say that based from the original image, the figure looks sweet, the face is a lot more moe than the original; a pretty neat improvement I must say. Another thing is that her eyes on actual look is a little shiny which I liked as well. She is really one kawaii Miku if you ask me, and if she's standing, she's actually supposed to be a little big. Anyway, favorite face shot below:



As for the photogenic part, she's really cute on camera if you ask and you can take from the side provided you give a little angle to get some decent ones out of her.



Body and Details:
The sculpt and details are pretty good IMO. It even beat the Puchi Miku on getting accuracy at its best. Aside from the light colors for paint job, her outfit and other details are good enough for me... however, one slight problem I have with this is the twin tails detail, her hair detail isn't that appealing to me, looks like a chunk of pvc with a few carves in it. Anyway, since she's little, I had a hard time capturing the details so the pics might not be that informative, but anyway, here they are:



Base:
The base is really really simple, looks like this old camera film container caps if you ask me. Well, at least there's a base but really is simple at every angle. Though at the very least I have to love it for being space friendly. ^^



Overall:
Well, for cuteness, this figure is well deserved but of course, that means buying the whole box. I don't actually know how much the original Mixing Box was priced but at least this wasn't going beyond the usual 1/8 price for an exclusive like the seller prices for the WF Hachune Miku nendo this one's pretty much affordable and I think is just justified since the package does provide you with a 97-paged fan book containing mostly Miku but also other Vocaloids and a DVD with songs that I had heard for the first time. Not to mention that if you have some more bucks to fry, you can print out the pdfs and build up the big papercraft Miku on stage. :D



Remarks:
Face and Photogenic Appeal - 10/10
Sculpt and Details - 8.5/10
Base - 7/10
Price - 8/10

Average: 8.375/10


For some final remarks...


Meow, Miku is really... glad! XD

Well, Miku fans must really have this Mixing Box package it's pretty much worth it though the figure might be small, it is larger than the Puchi Miku in terms of height and is pretty cute to place around you, feels like the innocent one whenever you look at it. But really having a fan book and DVD makes up for the price, so, I really suggest this but for regular collectors, I dunno unless you like the exclusive figure or whatever in the mixing box, I can't really recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment