Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Review: [Atelier Sai] Clain Clain


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Atelier Sai
Series:
Generation of Chaos IV
Scale and Height:
1/8 and approximately 20cm tall


Clain... Clain?
Well, I haven't really played the game, I bought the fig just because I really like her the overall look. As far as I know, Clain Clain isn't much of the major characters but from a little research I did, I heard that she's one of the more powerful available in the game. Well, that's it for what I know.


Here's Clain's original artwork.



Now to start with this review, shall Clain survive to get a high enough rating? XD

Package/Box:
The box is quite big and it's designed quite nicely if I'm to be asked. But as all collectors should know, boxes aren't enough to prove the worth of the figure and as far as I'm concerned, boxes don't appeal that much to me. XD

Face and Photogenic Appeal:
For one, I have to admit Clain is one of the most angelic faces in my collection when it comes to face, the very reason why I bought her is that aside from being a knight and all, her face is really really beautiful, enough to tempt me to darkness, lol.



Clain is by far one of the most photogenic figures I have, I mean... Just look at her, she's too beautiful with proper lighting setup. Really really wonderful face, very lively and all.



Body and Details:
Now, I really wonder why some reviews call Clain's paint to be cheap and looks plastic but for it absolutely looks fine, it really looks like a chain mail or something like that, the armor details are well made, if you ask me, at the very least, this makes the money spent for her a bit contenting since I do have figures wherein clothes detail suck big time. XD



Base:
Clain's base is pretty wide, simple which I really don't like, oh well, you know me, I usually hit figures for their pretty simple bases especially spacy ones. But to add something to it, you need to attach a rock on the base and then attach Clain's sword to it. At least, it's not pure black space XD



Bonus Features:
Well, first off, Clain has a cast off skirt a plus for figures like I usually put it. Another thing is that you can actually put her sword in her hand in a way that she's holding it in an pre-attack manner but a big caution for it is that it's dangerous... Why? That's what I'm about to discuss next.

Materials:
Yes, materials for Clain is an epic fail. Why? For one, if the sword didn't exist to be displayed in such a fashion, she'd be dead leaning already by now, it's only a big thanks to the sword that Clain manage to be in a good condition up until now. The materials are really soft, you can feel it as you touch the figure, eventually without the sword holding probably a strong push to the upper body will make Clain lean instantly, and this is the reason why I've avoided Atelier Sai's products.

Overall:
Well, even though Atelier has material failure, I certainly am not regretting that I bought Clain, in fact, she's one of the figures that I really had no intention of selling. Clain is just too beautiful to make me keep her but certain the money spent for her wasn't much worth it due to material failure.



Remarks:
Face and Photogenic - 10/10
Body and Detail - 10/10
Base - 8.5/10
Bonus Features - 9/10
Materials - 4/10
Price - 6/10

Average: 7.92/10



Miku is sad...

Well, truly Clain had too much potential before it was released but you really can't get your hopes up with Atelier Sai, you might just regret it later. Buying her is really up to you but from my experience, you should just pass up on her, and use the money for better and sturdier figures out there.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Tsuki-board to let me land on your blog. I really love the atmosphere that came out of your photos. A slightly sifted light. It's great.

    ReplyDelete