Monday, May 3, 2010

Review: [Max Factory] Figma EX 003 Hatsune Miku -Live Stage version-


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Max Factory
Series:
Vocaloid
Scale and Height:
Non-scale and approximately 14cm tall


Been a while since I reviewed something, skipping the short intros since there have been quite a number of Miku reviews already on my site XD


Box/Packaging:
The box of live stage is plain white, around Nanoha figma line in width and a it's a bit thick in terms of the z-axis since this includes a di:stage. Like the box says, it's EX003 which means it's an exclusive, most often than not are wonder festival releases. Anyway, the box is really really simple in anyway you look at it. XD

Details and Accuracy:
Well, she's basically still the first Miku release which was figma 014. Only difference is that this Miku has a more glossy dress which has a major plus in my case, she looks really gorgeous with glossy dress. It's basically a better version of the original if you look it in one way or another.



One major win here is that the default face I didn't like from the original was replaced with a slightly different smiling face, which makes this figma look really vibrant in many ways, thus the details and accuracy part hits me well. XD



Accessories and Extras:
Accessory wise, you don't lose with live stage since all of figma 014's accessories stays intact: the two leeks and the mic and its stand.

Like I mentioned in the package aspect, this includes a custom di:stage. Di: stages are supposedly stands you can customize yourself with, it includes things that will let you hold your figmas in dymanic ways and not just one but a number of figmas can fit there. Anyway, Miku has some papercraft pieces with her and you will need all of this to create her custom di:stage. It takes hours to finish it but really just worth all the trouble since it definitely makes this set SOLD in many ways. One additional accessory that live stage has is a keyboard. You'll use this in the di:stage. Details of the completed stage below.



If you'd notice in the pictures of the details section, there's a closed eyed face and a wing. The wing is also a papercraft which is one major sell factor of this line, it makes Miku look really REALLY beautiful. The closed eye face gives a more plus when combined with the wings. And I do prefer to display her with her wings of course. Lastly, there's this one Miku song where the PV had her having a weird long face and somewhat the live stage included it, I only snapped a photo of it since I didn't really like it but still it's an extra and quite useful for gags. Maybe I'd use it in one of my shoots someday XD



Posability:
Basically her posable is the same as that of figma Miku BUT since there's the keyboard and the wings as well as the new face. It makes the posability factor grow even more and thus gives Miku live stage a really high impression from me. The closed eye face just gives you a lot more variants for posability compared to the old one's default face.



Overall:
Miku live stage is a steal, especially here locally since live stage is ridiculously cheaper by a bit than figma 14, probably due to the rarity of the first released figma Miku. But still if you're just after the character. Live stage wins over the original by many MANY ways. You got everything except that quite unlikable default face of the first Miku and you get a customized di:stage, a key board and WINGS! And even though she's an event exclusive her price is pretty friendly compared to those SP figmas that are bundled with games and whatnot.



Overall:
Details and Accuracy - 10/10
Accessories and Extras - 10/10
Posability - 10/10
Price - 10/10

Overall: 10/10

Final remarks...

Miku is really glad 8D

Well, I think I've put it to words already, Live stage is definitely a win and if you ask me, she's one of the best figma releases out there. It's just a bargain given you have an improved version of the old release with a lot more in store, what more could you ask for. And as I mentioned in my 2009 Top 10 hauls, she landed at first and so far she is the 2nd articulated fig who wins a perfect score to me, yeah I rate figures quite high but perfect scores are hard to get with me. And as some little more fun facts, this Miku is in fact my favorite amongst my current Miku collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment