Monday, November 1, 2010

Review: [Max Factory] Figma #75 Kawamura Yu


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Max Factory
Series:
Se.Kirara
Scale and Height:
Non-scale and approximately 14cm tall.


Sorry, no character background this time since I myself don't actually know about the character, just got her because she's cute really. But if you want to know about her, you can try playing Se.Kirara, it's an eroge brought to you by your figma manufacturer themselves. The game is bundled with Aya Kagura's morning coffee version figma as well. Anyway, to see how Kawamura looks like in actuality, here's the game's OP.



Anyway, here's another figure review. :D

Box Bonus:
Starting from a certain number of the figma line, every box always has this cut out included as a bonus to be used for figma's di: stages. And here's the cutout for Yu.



Details and Accuracy:

Well, as far as face is concerned, it's okay though based from the opening, her face is a bit chubbier but anyway, figma's got her moe charms so no complaints here. She's wearing their standard uniform not much problems here and pretty much every detail of the uniform, even her hair clips are there.



Accessories and Extras:
For one thing, Se.Kirara figmas are notorious for being accessory bombs. Each character are always packed up with a number of accessories making some just get them for the accessories themselves. As for Yu, aside from the regular figma stand she comes with 3 extra left hands and 6 extra right hands, a pair of which is wearing mittens and a right hand which holds chopsticks. Yu comes with a lot of kitchen accessories, including a chopping board, a set of knives, frying pans etc. Of course, to compliment the mittens, she also comes with a apron but a word of caution, I was informed that the apron's peg is quite fragile though I myself did not encounter such. Lastly, from Yu's default smiling face, she also comes with a regular expression and a slightly embarrassed one.



Poseability:
The main point of focus, like many other figmas, articulation points are the same, still that flexible though also like most figmas, she can't yet again sit due to the skirt. Hands are now sliding so ball joint breakage is not an issue anymore. Yu basically has a lot of possible combination especially with the smiling and blushing faces. Plus a set of knives can also make her your self imagined Yandere. She's pretty fun to play with IMO. Though I dunno if it's mine only but Yu's torso joint detaches quite easily.



Overall:
Like I said above, Se.Kirara figmas are accessory bombs which makes it some reasons of targeting the figmas but the main character of the game herself isn't that much of a waste since she is pretty cute and you know me, I love to make yandere effects one of the reasons why I bought Yu in the first place. Just really got her for a bargain last cosmania for around 30 USD, which is way below the standard prices of figmas locally.



Remarks:
Details and Accuracy - 9/10
Accessories and Extras - 10/10
Poseability - 9/10
Price - 10/10

Average: 9.5/10



Ain't she cute? :3

Well, I dunno really if Se.Kirara figmas sell in other countries but here, well, just pretty much every character have their stocks locally. I won't really recommend her if you don't like getting characters you don't know but from my own personal appreciation, she's earned her title as my "favorite" figma to date.

4 comments:

  1. yeah I'd only get her for the accessories, but she'd make a great housewife for the rest of my crew who...can't cook XD

    nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pose with two knives is my favorite...

    Anyway, she seems pretty much okay for the most part, but I'm still not sold. The knives are cool though, so I might purchase her for that.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! buuuut...really?! u do know that the knife thing was a LITTLE creepy...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's why I called it a self imagined Yandere XDDD because I love yanderes. ahaha

    ReplyDelete