Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review: [Bandai] S.I.C. Limited Kamen Rider NEW Den-O Strike Form


Figure Information
Manufacturer: Bandai
Origin Series: Saraba Kamen Rider Den-O: Final Countdown
Scale: Non-Scale
Height: Approximately 18cm tall
Original Price: 5,775 Yen


Figure Box:

Like all other web exclusives (this one's a Toei Hero Net exclusive btw) they all come with the brown boxes of exclusivity lol. Opening it would then reveal the box and the box is another boring box, just a blue box with some kind of imprint of NEW Den-O's SIC design in gold print; the back has his official shot in blue-ish hue.





Figure Details:

NEW Den-O's SIC frme is basically a retool and repainted frame of the Climax Form, the details are still as impressive as usual, most notable part of the design for me would be the shoulder pads; while it was originally small, SIC's reimagining of it turned them into thruster like pads which was impressive. The use of dark gold trims helps in bringing out the details on him especially for the generic lower half of Den-O Riders.

If I'd nitpick,what I didn't actually like about his design is that his eyes seem too ridiculously huge and that because of it's massive size the mouth piece of New Den-O doesn't popout too much which is quite a waste of the detail IMO.



Accessories:

Accessory is another disappointment here,as NEW Den-O was released in tandem with the Cho Den-O Trilogy Episode Blue. Strike Form ridiculously only came with MachTeddy as his only weapon when they could've included the Axe and the Rod as well. He also comes with some extra handsets and the usual pass but is indeed lacking in accessories.

Articulation:

Articulation point is exactly the same as other Den-O Riders, 2 ball joints for the neck, ball joints on the torso, shoulders, hips and ankles while possessing a double jointed hinge on the elbows and the knees; the wrists and toes are also powered by a single hinge.



While NEW Den-O only had one weapon, posing him around was certainly good, and he can surprisingly pull off a lot of NEW Den-O's signature poses. While he still have that shoulder pad block that most SICs have, he truly can do dynamic poses with ease and this is probably his saving grace for me. Well, you can actually give him Kintaros' Axe for some added play value but unfortunately, I don't have it. XD But yeah, it doesn't bring down his enjoyable articulation.





Final Thoughts:

Design wise, I initially liked it back in prototypes but when I got him, it became so-so because of the massive eyes. I won't recommend him but I also won't say he's not worth getting, I'll leave it to you if you want it or not, but my one say on this is that for something that's a Toei Hero Web Exclusive, he definitely does not make up for his exclusivity because of the things he lacks but for a good poseable Den-O rider, he's definite one with those at the top.



Rating (Out of 10)
Details 9
Accessories8
Articulation9
Price 9
Overall:8.75

3 comments:

  1. I guess he isn't worth as much as a Rider with bike pack( 5.6k for this and 5.5k for Faiz blaster form and Auto Vaijin)even if he is an exclusive.....

    rockista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Faiz Blaster will definitely be more worth it but if you need a cheaper NEW Den-O, I have a friend who's selling his for 3k I think, I'll have to double check XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah I think I'll have to pass. Just paid for a Manga Realization Zero and Riden, I can't wait till it gets here on Saturday!!

    Now I'm thinking of either getting a Chogokin Aegis or an exclusive SIC Ryuga Survive. Found one cheap on ebay singapore though it's only for pick-up, sure is a good thing to have my sister working over there :D

    -rockista-

    ReplyDelete