Sunday, May 31, 2009

Review: [Good Smile Company] Nendoroid #33 Hatsune Miku


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Good Smile Company
Series:
Vocaloid
Scale and Height:
Non-scale and is approximately around 11cm high from the base to her head


What's a nendoroid?
Nendoroid is GSC's line of super deformed figures of characters from different series. One of which is for Vocaloid and here's my Imouto in her SD state.

Well, here's to share an image of an SD Miku ^^



Well, to start off with the review, I'll change it a bit this time. Since Nendos are posable I'll try to turn away from my static figure review outline but I'll still include details though, hehe. Now to start off.

Accessories and Extras:
One of the most wonderful features of the Nendoroid line for me is having different faces and some handy accessory(ies) that help you get the nature of the deformed character. As for Miku, she starts off with the normal mouth closed face. The set comes with two other faces, a kawaii singing face which looks awfully a lot like a very charming smile, and the acclaimed "Hachune" face, as seen in several images and PVs of Miku's songs like Ievan Polkka. And of course, Miku is not pretty complete without her leek. I really don't know why it's a leek but as far as I know every vocaloid has their own trademark like an ice cream for Kaito. Miku also comes with an extra hand used for holding the leek, an extra right arm used to portray a pose she can do for singing and as well as an extra bent leg which you can use to pair up with her extra arm. She also comes with a rather transparent base use to support her for standing especially in poses using the extra leg. Lastly, she has an extra hair piece, where her bangs is thinner than the default. Anyway, here are some images of the ever Kawaii Nendo Miku, extra hair piece used for Hachune face.



Sculpt, Details and Paint:
I'll summarize the sculpt here unlike in my static reviews which involve a break down of sculpt, well, as you've seen above, Miku's faces and hair have been excellently done by GSC, if you'd look even the her super deformed body and outfit had been done almost(if not) perfectly. And as expected of GSC, paint job is really wonderful. Not much to say but Miku Nendo is really REALLY good. Some details below ^^



Poseability:
As far as poseability is concerned, I'm not looking forward to it pretty much as long as I find a really worthy pose, even with only an extra arm/leg/hand, with the proper imagination and combination of faces and parts, Miku can really be pretty poseable. Samples below...



Overall:
Nendo Miku is pure kawaii and for me is really REALLY irresistable. Just one look and if you're "Mikutard" enough, you'll fall for her charms immediately. One problem I have with Nendos before would be the price, I'm really not into the price pretty much since Nendos are quite small and costs equal to some affordable PVC statues like Leon Magnus. Although, I have to admit that Nendos sizes are really a bit acceptable once you own one, she's quite big to my surprise but still I wish they could be cheaper even by a bit, hehe.



Remarks:
For the score:
Accessories and Gimmicks - 10/10
Sculpt and Detail - 10/10
Poseability - 9/10
Price - 8/10

Average: 9.25/10


Now for some final remarks, even with the size and price and all, you might wonder if Nendo Miku is really a get or not.

Verdict...

Hachune Miku: I want the leek.

With facts at tsuki that over 210 as of today owns this kawaii rendition of imouto and getting an average rating of 9.33/10 from 97 users. Nendo Miku is really a must have if you are into the Nendo line and definitely if you're a "Mikutard" like me. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment