Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Nendoroid Petit Vocaloid#01 Hatsune Miku ~Saihate~


Figure Information
Manufacturer: Good Smile Company
Origin Series: Vocaloid 2
Scale: Non-scale
Height: Approximately 6.5 cm tall
Original Price: 500 Yen





Details:


I'll be skipping on the packaging since you read over that one on the regular Miku's review; but anyway, this version covers that sad song Saihate, which is pretty much about someone who's just lost an important person. In the PV, Miku is seen wearing an all black formal dress while holding a flower (even though looking a bit bland since she has a poker face on that one) and this nendoroid petit captures that one quite well, down to the pokerface, which makes it quite accurate IMO, but I wish they adjusted the expression to something sad since that's supposedly the feel of the song + wearing those mourning clothes. 

Anyway, going back to the figure, it's plain black clothes, managing to capture some important details which are also incorporated on the mold; what actually is worth noting is that they captured even the correct hair color, and again, that expression she had in the PV was well translated and captured in her petit form (albeit looking awkward for me)

 

Poseability:


More of how non-poseability actually, one thing I quite liked from most non-prize nendoroid I own is that despite the limited articulation points they have, you can actually have a variety of poses for them just like the previously reviewed Miku who can look like she's running; Saihate Miku here, however isn't dynamic at all, sure she has shoulder swivels, but raise the flower up and it looks awkward, you can't make a difference on her one pose but only minor adjustments such as tilting her head via the neck's ball joint, or pretty much adjusting her twintails only by a bit since they work around on a swivel, raising forward or backwards too much will make it very awkward to look at, so yeah, very limited stuff you can with this variant. :< 


Final Thoughts:

While I have a lot of rather negative comments for this piece, that's just me being OC, don't get me wrong since as a variant, this is great compared to seeing the usual Miku outfit. It's just that for me, she isn't that great since one of the things I really love about petits is how you can have them in a different pose most of the time. Mikutards out there are sure to get this piece and hey, can never have enough Mikus, right? (even though I already sold a few of my most disliked Miku figures XD) Again, I got the entire set from my friend omniclone. ^_^

I give this mourning petit a 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment