Monday, August 31, 2009

Review: [Sega] Vocaloid Extra Figure Hatsune Miku


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Sega
Series:
Vocaloid
Scale and Height:
Non-scale and is approximately 18cm tall


Prize figure?
Well, Prize figures are probably the most affordable large scale figs there is in the figure world, they're supposedly prizes from arcade machines if my info is correct but I don't have any idea how the stores get them if that's the case, anyway, usually you can already buy 3 prize figs at the price of one Koto Shining Wind fig. Hehe, though they're affordable, of course, you can't expect really stunning quality but they're good enough as they are especially since prize figures are really improving these days.

Well, you already know who Hatsune Miku is, if you don't... Do her a favor and read on more info, I have some here especially in the GSC Miku figure review. Anyway, here's the review.

Package/Box:
The box is pretty portable, it's pretty small, enough to contain Miku and the base with it. Although the design isn't that appealing to me. But oh well, I don't grade the package for my figure reviews, just comment on them, lol.

Face and Photogenic Appeal:
Well, the face is good enough but the thing is, her lips is kinda hard to see even with the 2 light setup already, so, it's kinda hard to make her look vibrant in a way. Anyway, favorite shot below:




As for photogenic appeal, she does give off an easy manuever due to the fact that the 3 sides are good enough to capture Miku's face but I really think she lacks a vibrant expression, I dunno why but there seems to be some kind of restraint of emotions in her face when I look at the shots I took. Go see for yourself. ^^



Body and Details:
Well, the details are accurate as much but still like the face's problem, it doesn't look vibrant enough comapred to other Miku figures but still I will praise Sega for doing such a remarkable job on the details, like the one in her left arm sleeve and on her skirt, the details on her clothes are nicely done.




Base:
If there's one thing that truly made me like this figure is because of the very cute and creative base they put up, the base are piano keys and can be connected to Kagamine Rin's sega prize fig. The base also has some hair supporters for Miku's twin tails since the material for the hair is quite soft, so, you'll need to put them to make sure the figs doesn't suffer any damage, but at the same time, you can decide not to use the supporters. :D



Overall:
Well, being my first Miku, I wasn't really much contented with it since she was supposedly a sub for the GSC Miku I missed before, but now, that I'm getting all the Mikus I can, she's pretty nice to have, the fig is good but just needs more vibrant colors for it to work full time. But as the price goes, as I've mentioned above, Prize figs are affordable and depends on who you get, it's actually a good buy.



Remarks:
Face and Photogenic Appeal - 8/10
Body and Details - 8.5/10
Base - 10/10
Price - 10/10

Average: 9.125/10


As for some final remarks...

Ah Miku, you just look so adorable

Is she really worth getting? If you are a Miku completist, you should but if you aren't, I would suggest passing on this one and get the newer version instead which I'll be reviewing next. The new version of this is really worth every single money you spent. But really, this is pretty much a good figure to add if you can't find the 1.5 version or the GSC Miku.

No comments:

Post a Comment