Sunday, July 5, 2009

Review: [Good Smile Company] Nendoroid Petit Hatsune Miku -Project Diva bundle-


Figure Info:
Manufacturer:
Good Smile Company
Series:
Vocaloid
Scale and Height:
Non-scale and is approximately around 7cm from base to head


Well, I'm sure you're pretty much pretty much familiar with Miku already, if you aren't, do some research, you'll get who she is in a few seconds to a few minutes. And if you're wondering what Project Diva is, click this and read.

So, what's a Nendoroid Petit?
Basically they have the same kawaii designs like the original Nendoroids, but they're way smaller and I think they're cheaper and comes in sets like Gashapons. Another thing would be that they're less posable, I guess.

Here's my review on my very first exclusive Miku :D

Since it's different from a Nendo in some ways, I'll apply some static figure criterias here.


Photogenic Appeal:
Of course, I won't include face details since Nendoroids are crafted to be chibified versions of the characters which leads to a slight difference in terms of how the face is done. As long as the kawaiiness of Nendoroids stay, I won't criticize their faces, lol! Anyway, since this Nendo Puchi is almost like a mini-static fig, I included the photogenic appeal, and like usual, she's actually pretty up for it, meaning you can take pictures from the basic sides with proper angle. Although, I can't help notice that she has the same problem with some figmas and probably nendos, she's only facing to her left, meaning if you'd like to shoot from her right and you want her to face the camera, you'd obviously end up in a way distorted appearance. This problem would be okay if she's a completely static figure but sadly, her head can be moved around, so, I guess that's a little minus points for my very kawaii Miku. Haha, even with such said, you can't help but adore her, right? ^^ Here's one good angle shot of her close up...



Well, here's the three sides shot like my usual static figure reviews. Full views this time, hehe.



Poseability:
Like I mentioned, they're less poseable and doesn't come with accessories that much. For poseability, I guess, it doesn't strike that much to me, but she has movable arms and her twin tails are movable too along with her head. I guess you can twist the body a bit too, but during my photoshoot, these poses were the only good ones I can think of. Well, I guess, even with the limited movements, you get decent poses already. ^^



Sculpt, Details and Paint:
Once again, GSC delivers good sculpt and really lovable paint job. If you'd actually look, she looks almost the same as the original Nendoroid version of her. Well, being much of a detail freak, I can't help but be a bit disappointed with her arm sleeves:



I know she's smaller than the original Nendo, but still, they could've done a bit more work on the arm sleeve detail than leaving it gray-blank like in the original Nendo which captures even the arm sleeve details. Anyway, minor details, so, it really doesn't affect the figure's overall goodness. Here are more detail shots by your detail freak reviewer. XD



Overall:
Nendo Puchi Project Diva Exclusive Miku is probably the most kawaii Miku I've owned, despite some of my rants above, I can't help but bow down before her uber kawaiiness as a figure. Supposedly, this and the big Nendo have almost exact features but really, this one's way better in a lot of ways I cannot explain, lol. Anyway, despite the fact that I said Nendo Puchis/Petits are cheaper, this one is not of course, since she's bundled with the Project Diva Game, think of it as buying the UMD instead of the figure, that's she's a bit expensive. Oh well, Japan really loves to bundle games with exclusive figures, so, I can't help but just complain sometimes. XD



Remarks:
Now to average the scores:
Photogenic Appeal - 8/10
Poseability - 9.5/10
Sculpt, Details and Paint - 9.5/10
Price - 7/10

Average: 8.5/10


For the finale, time for some last comments XD

Verdict:

Miku invites you in one hand

Why such a sub label? Well, I'd recommend getting her aside from being an exclusive, she's really uber kawaii, enough to make me feel proud as an owner BUT I wouldn't recommend it to those who want it but doesn't want to spend a certain amount of money to get this tiny figure. But it's worth it if you're also after the UMD and if you're a true Mikutard, GET IT, DON'T HESITATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment