Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Major Figure Fail


This is my Wave soft Xecty...
Approximately 4 months ago...


I bought Soft Xecty due to her very accurate face compared to Koto's rendition of Xecty which I find inaccurate in terms of face, next to that, the soft parts were also good, so, there... Upon buying, I loved the figure even became one of my favorites in tsuki; but not anymore...

At first, a few weeks of display was very annoying since the soft parts proves hard to clean whenever they absorb dust particles. So, after around 2-3 weeks of display, I decided to return her to her package, to avoid any more dust problems. Supposedly, box preservation won't damage the figure but yesterday, I noticed something... Unpleasant...


Actually I was really surprised, so, I immediately removed her out of the box to check if it was my imagination. It turned out to be true after all... Her supposedly "soft" parts actually expanded, making the figure really REALLY DISTORTED. Heat is probably my only answer but there isn't any direct sunlight from where she is stored. But fuck, she looks like a blob Xecty now. I think the soft material is rubber, but really this is annoying, I just wish I knew how to fix her back into shape. Wave sure did a failure at their so called soft line, and it had me crying over it since it was freaking expensive. Blob Xecty pics below...


10 comments:

  1. Awww... She looks so distorted na... That's such a failure of a figure naman..

    I hope you find a way to fix her..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so... Tryng to refrigerate her as meowpao suggested hopefully after 1 or 2 days, it shows some progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. You should've taken it out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo nga eh, or rather I should've noticed earlier na nag eexpand para d ganun ka distorted, mukha na tuloy siyang BLOB >_<

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, she looks like she just ate 100 burgers in one sitting. hope you can fix her pa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might as well sell her at a very low price, hopefully someone will buy her, I'm thinking of the worst option, get another piece to replace her blobness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WTH? That's so wrong... -_-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey did you ever manage to fix this problem?
    I have the same problem aswell -.-, as soon as I opened her she was all swallon around her neck and arms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^ Nope, ended up selling her at a low price, there's no known solution to restore it back once her dress begins to shrink. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the post. There was actually a sale few days ago. This item being sold at 900Php when it is usually sold for almost 3k+. Although I had my doubts, i tried to visit the shop selling the item, it turned out that it was the same case as to the figurine above. Oh well, damn rubber.

    ReplyDelete