Monday, November 29, 2010

Interests Caused by Favorites


So who is this character in red?
Well, for one... That's Reimu Hakurei.


So this month's random post would be about what the title says.


So wait, what? That's Reimu? well, let's just say that one in the screenshot is a touhou doujin game entitled Koumajou Densetsu Scarlet Symphony. Created by Frontier Aja, this is a game based from Castlevania, really a nice game, though it plays like castlevania, they kept Touhou's trademark which are bullet games, this game has a lot of dodging needed and boss fights at the end of each stages are indeed bullet hell bosses in Castlevania fashion. So, with this, an interest towards Touhou sparked from me just because I get to know them via my favorite game series, Castlevania.



Basically, I first encountered Touhou through Serio's Castlevania Fighter, Remilia was a secret boss in the survival mode of the game, at first, I didn't know who she was so, I got beaten and it listed that I was beaten by Remilia Scarlet, so, look ups here and there and I discovered it but still wasn't interested enough until beta 4 of CV Fighter was released which included Reimu as one of the new playable characters, and so, I got really curious with the sprite and all and found out about Koumajou Densetsu eventually and now, here I am knowing quite a bit more on touhou. Also, Frontier Aja will be releasing a Koumajou Densetsu II this coming December during the Winter Comiket. Part 2 features a greatly improved game system and gives you control of Sakuya Izayoi this time, of course, familiar characters such as Reimu and Marisa as well as the Scarlet Devil people will come back at this game.



Now, going to anime side, with an addiction towards the great kz of livetune in vocaloid composing, remixing fame, I found out sometime last week that the anime, Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai's Opening song was composed by kz as well.



Still sung by Clara and Alice, the opening was really catchy and so, I tried watching it last Saturday night, and poof, it was like magic and definitely liked the series. It's still on going right now but the contents of the anime is really good especially for Otakus that faces the same kind of situation. Anyway, that's it for the random entry. Here's a little something from the anime :D


1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I have a copy of the older Touhou games. I played some, definitely hellish dodging wise, but not impossible. They're really good games actually.

    ReplyDelete